Saturday, July 8

Key-Lime Pie turned into a Cake

Okay, to get into the spirit of this recipe, there are some unusual ingredients that must be incorporated. The first is that you must have Jimmy Buffet playing in your kitchen. I know it sounds strange, but it is an absolute requirement. There's something chemical that won't allow the cake to bake evenly if you don't. Next, is that you must have something fruity to drink while you're baking; I was drinking blueberry-pink lemonaid sangria.

I started by googling a few recipies and didn't like any of them 100%, so I changed, combined and concocted something that I'd rate with 3-stars. Next time I might try to use a scratch lemon cake recipe instead of the box. To me it's hard to cover that box cake taste.





Here's the recipe:

for the cake
3/4 c. oil
3/4 c. orange juice
5 eggs
1 3-oz. pkg. lime flavor Jello
1 box lemon cake mix
1/4 c. lime juice
5 T. powered sugar

for the glaze
3 T. Key lime juice
5 T. powered sugar

Combine the oil, orange juice, eggs, Jello and cake mix, beat until sooth. Pour into a greased and floured 9"x13" pan and bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes. Mix glaze and pour over cake. Garnish with extra Key Limes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can vouch for this recipe... VERY tasty- especially the icing!!! mmmmmm!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home