Thursday, July 13

Cooking for One?

What does a girl do when her guy is out of town...she plays in the kitchen. I'm working on planning what I hope is an amazing dessert party. I want to make cheesecake spoons. I think the serving size would be just perfect. I don't have any pictures of my work thus far (we lost the camera in Puerto Rico). They're not perfect yet, but here's how it went:

Materials

  • spoons, semi-sweet chocolate, crisco, one box no bake cheesecake, berries (strawberry or raspberry)

Prep

  • Heat the chocolate in a bowl deep enough that it's easy to dip into. For every 1/4 cup add 1 T. of crisco.
  • Mix cheesecake according to the box and let chill for 30 minutes
  • Mix sugar into graham cracker crust

Process

  • Dip spoons in chocolate and quickly roll them in the graham cracker crumbs. Place on a cookie sheet and let cool in the reproduction
  • Take the cooled cheesecake dough and place on the spoons
  • Place back in the fridge and serve chilled

Variations

  • Place berries on each spoon
  • Redip in the chocolate and completely cover

I had a lot of fun experimenting. For those who are completely offended because I used a box cheesecake, it just seemed like the most efficient and economical method. What I plan on doing for my party is mixing a smaller batch of raspberry and zebra cheesecake. I think that will be yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home