Tuesday, July 25

Save room for Dessert

I don't ever need a huge excuse to have a party and the bug had been in me for awhile to host something. One day while shopping with friend at my new favorite party store, Swoozies, we came across the sassiest invitations and that was all the excuse I needed.

Those invitations needed to be mailed and I had just the idea; a Save room for Dessert party! Now onto my plan, what to eat. My menu went through several variations and last minute changes, but I think the final list was full of sweet sensatations:

In my opinion, the highlight of the evening was the B-52 Cupcakes, a last minute decision, and icaneatthefrostingfortherestofmylife! What was fun about these cupcakes was that I used homemade kahula a colleague gave me for Christmas to cook the cake with and the whipped cream frosting had Bailey's. The frosting alone was amazing and it could double as a great topping for Irish coffee.

I can't wait for my next party! Wanna come?

4 Comments:

Blogger Dena Marie said...

Yummm! Sounds awesome. I love reading Molly's blog and it seems I may love yours as well. I just got married, and I can only dream of knowing how to actually cook/bake. I am clueless. If it doesn't come out of a box, it turns out horrible, and even then, it still often turns out horrible. However, I do plan on getting better with time. My husband is quite the trooper. :) Thank goodness. The party looks and sounds (according to Superwife) as though it turned out well.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Dena Marie said...

Also, I hope it's okay. I listed you blog and put a link to it on mine. It is under "Blogs I like to Read" on my sidebar. Please let me know if this isn't okay and I will remove it. :)

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*SO* much fun! we all can't stop talking about how absolutely lovely your house is. i especially love your guest bathroom... the little mexican decorations were adorable. can't wait for the next one :D

10:50 AM  
Blogger PrissyCook said...

Dena Marie- Thanks for your comments and for putting me on your blogroll. If you're starting to bake I really recommend Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. Lots of good basic tips believe it not. Good Luck

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home