Sunday, September 17

I left my heart in San Francisco

From my last post, if you guessed San Francisco (in your head because nobody posted a comment), then you are correct.

Hubby was a good boy last weekend, he surprised me on Wednesday with tickets to San Francisco.  I've never been.  I was really excited and actually had trip jitters; Isn't that great! 

I arrived in San Jose and Hubby picked me up (he was already there on business) and we hit California traffic right at 5:30 PM.  Our trip to the city was fun, we saw headquarters for Google, eBay and Oracle (which is important if you're a computer geek).

As a first time tourist to San Francisco, I had a few must sees and a few if we make it, it would be nice.  Can I just say, that I think we were able to see most of the biggies.  As tourist, generally, we can site see quite quickly.  We don't have to, sit, contemplate, photograph and discuss.  We look, take a picture and move on.

Look at all the places we got in on Saturday (and the zig-zag around the city we made):

  1. Leave hotel at Union Station (walk to)
  2. Dim Sum for Brunch at Chinatown
  3. Walk around Chinatown (taxi to)
  4. San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (taxi to)
  5. Pier 39 (wipe bird poo off Hubby and taxi to)
  6. Citizen Cake (taxi to)
  7. Hotel for massage (walk to)
  8. H&M (taxi to)
  9. Little Italy for Brazilian Independence Day (taxi to)
  10. Hotel

Did I mention that we TAXIED EVERYWHERE?  We couldn't figure out how to jump on one of those freakin Trolleys and I didn't see one with Rice-a-Roni on the side.  Very disappointing.

On Sunday, we had our rental car, so we were able to be a bit for efficient, we made it to:

  1. Haight Ashbury for breakfast at The French Cafe
  2. Lombard for the curvy street
  3. The Golden Gate bridge
  4. Ghiradelli and Del Monte Squares

So, I don't mean to make this a look at me pictorial of our trip, it's just that most pictures of Hubby ended up like this:

Technorati Profile

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was guessing California because of its close proximity. But I would have gotten the city wrong - I was thinking San Diego, not San Francisco. Looks like you had a fantastic time!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you telling me we were in San Francisco the same weekend AND we referenced the same Tony Bennett song in our posts?

Now that's nuts!

Glad you had a great time. And too bad I had no idea you guys would be there - otherwise I'd have directed you on how to get to everywhere without spending $$$$ on cabs AND grab a Rice-A-Roni clad cable car. Oh well, there's always next time...

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home