Wednesday, August 30

Governor Stomps Wine Bill

This is a news story I found interesting.  California state Senator Carole Migden authored a bill to name Zinfandel the state.  Wow!  That's fun, a state wine. Does that mean that at State Fairs, you'd have wine drinking contests, a wine queen and even a wine stomping competition?  Pack up the bags honey, we're movin' to California!

But, don't pack up too quick, Governor Schwarzenegger vetoed the bill only saying that zinfandel was a significant, historic wine, but that a commercial product shouldn't be listed as representative of the state.

To see more on this story, check out what the San Francisco Chronicle has to say about it, here.

Here are some fun wine stats found in Wikipedia:

  • United States holds about 5% of the world's export in wine
  • California produces 90% of that total export amount
  • The most consumed wine in the US is chardonnay
  • Christmas 2005 after the movie Sideways, Pinot sales went up 20%

Here's a picture of Hubby with baby cousin with a nice tall glass of vino.  I bet that this is from an El Torro magnum bottle from CostCo (my grandparents taste buds aren't so discriminating).  :)

3 Comments:

Blogger melati said...

I love that picture! So cute.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Dena Marie said...

Hey. Creative Memories is a blast. I actually used to be one of those people who said I would never scrapbook...and now I am a consultant and go to 12 hour crops. :o) Anyway, I think that it is a lot of fun. It is a great way to document your life. I also think it is important for family life. I think it helps keep families together. Anyway, you should look into it more. You seem like you would enjoy it, cause to me you seem like an artsy person. My albums are simple, but I like it that way. Some people like very extravagant albums, but I don't have time for that. I am a simple and completed type of girl. :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Atleast she wasn't pushing for White Zinfandel to have official status. Now that's some nasty piss in a glass! You'd also think that the entire state drinks cheap wine out of boxes (although in Bakersfield, Riverside and Chico that's probably true)

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home