Monday, October 2

A glamorous fever...with peanut butter

I'm officially a year older and I'm feeling it.  I had a great weekend in Texas, but I think I maybe went at it a little too hard.  I knew I was getting close to "that age," but I didn't know it would hit me the next day.  I have a fever and I feel achy (this is where you go "aww").

At work today, feeling achy and feverish (aww), I tried really hard to look pretty.  I wore a fun outfit, actually shaved my legs (TMI?) and put on some perfume.  But, I think that when you're chasing Tylenol with DayQuil, it sorta takes the novelty out of dressing up.  I was fixing to go home sick, when my crew came in and asked if I wanted to go to lunch at Crackers & Co.  I LOVE Crackers and I thought that if I got the spicy chicken tortilla soup, that the spicy would knock out whatever it was that was messing with me (this is where you clap for me if you believe).

The soup was good, it was actually really good, but it didn't quite hit the spot.  Then the extra gooey warm chocolate cake with sprinkles came out.  And because I'm not a normal sick person who loses their appetite and loses the standard five pounds, I had to have some.  But that did me in, I left and came home shortly after that.  I had 100 temperature ("aww," that's right you're catching on).

I had promised Super Wife that I would be her model at her MAC interview if she couldn't get anyone else...I got the call this afternoon.  So, 100 degree temperature, a year older and achy ("aww), I had to try to find something that looked halfway presentable and get to the mall by 5:00 PM ("clap").

I took another dose of Tylenol ("aww"), hopped in the car and headed over.  Can I tell you, that even feeling bad, she did such a great job.  I think I looked very pretty ("clap").  About half way through, I think I broke my fever (hey little girls, being pretty does make everything better).

Afterwards, we were recapping how awesome she did on the application portion of her interview and we remembered that PB Loco was in the mall and be bee-lined over. She had a PB Pina Colada and I had a PB, Nutella and Banana Sandwich ("clap").  It was there that I realized that I didn't have my wallet.  I left it at work, next to my DayQuil, Tylenol cocktail ("aww"). 

Now I'm at home, I have a bit of a headache, no fever and have my wallet ("clap").  Good night.

 

Restaurants mentioned:

Crackers & Co

535 Iron Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85210

PB Loco

Scottsdale Fashion Square
7014 East Camelback Road #2276
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251

3 Comments:

Blogger melati said...

I was wondering what kind of person goes into and then eats at PB Loco!!!

Hope you feel better.

And happy belated birthday!

11:15 AM  
Blogger PrissyCook said...

I'm that person!!!!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said...

Aw man, I'm totally sick too! I feel your pain. Hope you are feeling better!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home