Sunday, September 24

Bring me two pina coladas...or two cupcakes if you don't have that.

I have to say it, "I'VE MADE THE BEST CUPCAKES IN THE WORLD!"  Man, I don't know why these little gems are hitting me just right this weekend, but I think I've had five by myself.  And people, I'm not saying that I'm the brightest bulb, I think there might be some correlation between my growing belly and this whole blogging thing.  I've opened an investigation and I'll get back with you as soon as I get some hard hitting results.  Check this out, here's a pair of britches I got at the beginning of the summer, right, nice, size 4, like hot mama.

Now, here's my normal size.  Size 6, not too skinny, you can tell she works out, ka-chow-bam.

Here's why I've started my investigation, there's a new number appearing in my closet.  Now, I understand that a size 8, you're not going to put me on Celebrity Fat Club, but that's quite a leap over a mere summer.

Okay, now, back to the best cupcakes in the world.  Sandra and her husband are in visiting for the weekend and we had a great get together at Vic and Bec's house.  Saturday morning, I was up early (6:30AM) watching the Food Network when Cupcake Challenge came on, so I decided to cuise their site to see what they had.  I've been in a  chocolate cupcake rut, so I was looking for something different.  I found this one posted by Ina Garten (Barefood Contessa) and dicided to give it a go.  They were a hit.  They're so pretty, light and just what I was looking for.  Even Hubby who doesn't like coconut, liked them.  Today we were over at a football party and everyone kept asking if I had more cupcakes. 

Y'all have a good week!

6 Comments:

Blogger melati said...

I tried to make this recipe for a New Year's Eve party I threw a few years ago.

I'm not a baker.

But I know I added in all baking soda and powder.

They didn't rise at all.

And you wear a 4 at WHBM!?! I kind of hate you.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Dena Marie said...

So... I think that my weight gain started with college, not blogging. I pray that once done with college (Dec), my weight will return to one that will allow me to fit into most of the clothes in my closet. I started at a size 6, and now...well, it is quite a few sizes higher than what just started appearing in your closet. Maybe once I graduate, I should start blogging about the different exercises that I try out...we'll see.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

COCONUT...

I'll take 100. Thanks.

BTW, since you're a cupcake fiend, have you been to Copper Star Cafe on 7th Ave just north of Indian School? Fresh baked & frosted cupcakes every morning. Haven't had one yet (and won't be having one for 27 more days), but you could try one and let us all know...so hey, thanks again!

10:19 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Oooh, those cupcakes look so good and I love a new recipe! Thanks!
And may I just say, that your sizing differences are all different brands. And we all know how if you are a 4 at Old Navy, you are an 8 at Banana Republic. So, cut yourself some slack!!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Prissy: You are not going to believe this by my first cupcake and my inspriation to start baking cupcakes was Ina's coconut cupcake! http://52cupcakes.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_52cupcakes_archive.html

6:49 PM  
Blogger PrissyCook said...

Melati- Do you know how long it took me to figure out WHBM? I Urban Dictionaried it, asked everyone I knew under the age of 21...whew, that was tough.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home