Monday, February 19

It was only a buck...why not buy it

Buying and creating websites; it's a sick compulsion when you work at a .com. I can't explain it. You sit around during the day and someone will say a funny little line and "Poof" there's a website up in minutes. I will even admit, that I have been bitten by the bug, only a few times.

One day last week, Tischy walks up to me at work and he says, "Hey!" (he starts all his conversations that way), "Hey! Do you want to buy a hot dog for a buck?" Confused look overcomes my fantastic face. "Yeah, I started www.dollarhotdogs.com just now. It's going to be amazing. I'm going to sell hot dogs, made to order for a buck."

Back in my office a while later, I browse to the site and sure enough. He's selling hot dogs for a buck. It's kinda cleaver, I must admit, but will he really put his money where his mouth is. Will he really deliver a made to order hot dog via mail?

I placed my order. It was $1.00 + .80 for shipping and handling. I walked in this past week, to a special delivery. I actually received my dollar dog!

I wish you could see the postage stamp, it cost him $1.83 alone for the stamp. $2.00 for the box and we haven't even factored in the cost of the hot dog! Needless to say, I'm NOT going to eat it. I give it an A for effort, but I don't think he's making a million on this one.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, it's things like this that really make me miss you guys :( i need to give dollarhotdogs.com some love on my site too!

2:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic Face!

11:30 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I want to talk to you about buying a web site. I'm working on a huge new project!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Amazing

8:38 PM  
Blogger IamJacksBrain said...

I'm thinking even the advertising dollars aren't making up for that kind of loss. I guess he's hoping he doesn't really have to fulfill many orders.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home