Sunday, February 25

This meal was brought to by the by the letters E, the number 9 and no fossil fuels.

"Self." That's how I start all my personal internal conversations. "Self, you really should try to do something half way active. You've had desserts for most of your meals this week. Haven't we been talking about the approaching swim suit season. Do you really want that new 'curve' around your tummy slushing around for everyone to see?"

That's the conversation that precipitated my purchase of a bicycle. Now before you think I've gone and lost my mind and forgot about that unfortunate front break, flying over the handle bars incident I had when I was 16; I haven't. I wanted a bicycle that would let me get from point A to point B, involve a little movement and look stylish. Look at this pretty little thing: And it's all mine.

I was so excited this morning when I thought about all the things my bicycle and I could do.  Yesterday we went to La Grande Orange and got a sparkling water, this morning we would go to Sprouts.

Grocery list in hand, I headed out and it was a lot of fun.  I even rang my little bell at a few kids on the way. When I pulled up at the grocery store, I even had an audience.  The cashier and the manager both came out to talk to me about my bike. We talked about biking things. It was all very fancy. She even loaded my front basket so nothing would fall out. I felt really good on my way home. I was actually out and moving, I had to be thoughtful about what I purchased, I didn't use any grocery bags and I didn't have to use my car to get there.

5 Comments:

Blogger cupcaketastic said...

Oh what a lovely bike. I am sure you look so cool. My son has just learnt to ride without training wheels and thinks he is king of the road, I am getting my youngerdays bicycle serviced so we can go for rides, Yay.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very Nice... Great basket!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Now you really are scarring me!

1:10 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Want to go for a ride? I love my cruiser! This is the perfect time of year too.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm a little jealous. Really. Just getting on a bike and riding to the grocery store, or to work, or to the post office, or anywhere by myself without three little boys tagging along...that's the kind of break that I could use right now! :-)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home