Monday, April 16

Flying Grannys: Texas Chapter

"They made me throw away my clam chowder at the airport!" My grandmother came to visit me this past week. She and her beau went to Napa the week earlier and she had stopped at Boudins on her way to the airport. She wanted to surprise me for dinner in Phoenix with clam chowder and sour dough bread from San Fransico.

The bread alone was worth it. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and got lots of different cheeses, a few bottles of wine and our weekend was set.
Have I mentioned that my grandmother turned 80 this year? For her birthday, she wanted to go sky diving. Well the thought of MooMoo (that's what we call her, don't ask), the thought of MooMoo falling out of a plane was more than we could handle, so we got her a ride on an acrobatic airplane.


She did tell me at one point that she would go sky diving- GULP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home