Monday, February 26

Cupcaking with Worms

It is important to realize that are many different species of worm, each suited to a different habitat. These worms are suited perfectly for a little cupcake garden.  I copied these cupcakes from my newest cookbook, A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes.  I'm really enjoying the layout of the book, it's easy to follow. For example, for each recipe, there's a write up that explains either the variations you can take with each one and then the recipe follows with a picture of the end product. It's a paint by numbers cupcake book which is perfect for me. I tend to not be too snazzy in that part of baking.

I'm getting better results with the 'basic' cake recipes in this book. The recipes I've used from Martha tend to explode out of the little cupcake holders and so far, I've had really good luck with these.

As always, I take the treats up to the office and share them with my team, but I wanted to participate in AfricanKelli's Calculated Acts of Kindness challenge, so today I took them into the break room and shared.  Everyone who happened to be  in the break room at 2:15PM today, got to attend a Cupcake Party! It was really fun. I got a chance to visit with some people I usually only get to say 'hello' in passing to in the hallway and meet some people I hardly knew. There was even one guy, who didn't say one thing to me, walked straight over to the cupcakes and grabbed one and walked away. Hope you enjoyed it random cupcake grabber! :P

 

 

...

4 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Oh, you know random cupcake grabber LOVED those. They are so cute. Yum. My baking has made me look at candy an entirely different way. I love to have fun things to top cupcakes with.
Have you ever read: www.yarnstorm.com?
She bakes with candy all the time and does beautiful work.
Hope you are doing well K!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Dena Marie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Dena Marie said...

So these cup cakes sort of remind me of my Eyeball cupcakes that I made for Halloween last year and blogged about. They were super yummy. However, the red decorating gel (or any decorating gel for that matter) was horrible because it dyed anything it touched red. These were quite awesome though, and thus began my stunt of making cream cheese frosting for every cake and putting jello pudding in all of my cake mixes. :o) My coworkers also enjoyed the treat.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How totally cute!!! Totally brings back memories from kindergarden!

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home