Tuesday, October 10

Did you know I'm a fabulous croquet player?

I know, you're thinking, "Keesh, you're good at everything" and that's usually the case.  But if you can believe it, I've never played croquet. 

I'm assuming that you've read about my unfortunate incident on Saturday morning (that's all I'm going to say about it) I'm enjoying a fluffier version now. I was really doubtful that I was going to have a good day. 

Upon arrival at the tourney, I was warmly greeted by Melati and all my apprehension melted away.  Before I knew it, my generally shy Hubby was like, "Make sure we're on the list to play." 

Here's what I learned:

  1. Anytime you can pull off a dinner for 50 people, appetizers, drinks and two outfits per host (Meltai, you looked beautiful both times) then you've really got it going on.
  2. My husband is in love with a hairy being named Roman.
  3. If you're going to play croquet, don't let the opposing team sabotage you with a midget mallet (umm, I mean midget in the most politically correct way possible).
  4. You can really get into a philosophical discussion on what warrants a mallets length.
  5. I'm really, in my own mind really good at croquet.

 We had a great time and it was a bummer we had to leave early.  Thanks Melati for a really great Saturday.  It was awesome to meet everyone!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great meeting you guys this past weekend! I forgot to mention that Doug also hails from small-town Texas so you guys could have gone on and on about friday night football together. Oh well. Next time they're in town. Or next time you're in San Francisco. Because your hotel was pretty close to their condo.

I say we all grab a bite this weekend somewhere in the 'hood. What say you two?

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home