Sunday, October 22

I'm going freakin camping, y'all.

I don't know. I missed something.  Is the name of my blog, "Prissy Camps?"  Let me check.  No.  There it is, "Prissy Cook."  Then why did I find myself sleeping in the back a Denali in the mountains having to find facilities outside.

I went camping this weekend for the first time in 20 years.  I did it mainly to be a thorn in my friend's side.  The conversation started something like this:

Vic- "Hey guys, we're going camping this weekend, do you want to go?"

Hubby- "Oh, man, I can't I won't get back from NJ until Monday."

Kee- "Oh, Oh, I want to go."

Vic- "No."

Kee- "Oh yeah, I'm going camping."

Vic- "No."

Kee- "Hubby, Tell Vic I'm going camping."

Hubby-  "Shrug."

Kee- wide eyes

Vic- "No."

Let's see who won...

Crown King, AZ looking over the summit.

Mmmm. Breakfast Burritos.

Crown King Saloon.

Camping Croquet.

See that Melati, croquet while camping.  I'm gearing up for next year...Watch out!  To see more pictures of the camping trip, you can see them here, camping photos.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome. You actually went.

And I'm glad I was there for the "You can be in a tent with the two dogs" "No! I'm not sharing a tent with dogs!" "Ok, you can be in a tent by yourself" "No!" conversation. So did Vic shoot some live boars or whatever the hell they have running around out there?

I need to head out of town somewhere next weekend for a good day hike. Can't wait!

11:34 PM  
Blogger PrissyCook said...

No shooting from our camp. This place was amazing. Take I-17 exit BumbleBee, Take a left and go up 26 miles. It took us 1.5 hours to drive the 26 miles, it's all switchbacks and jeep trails. Our buddy in a Lexus made it in his car. Let me know if you give it a shot.

9:38 AM  
Blogger melati said...

Croquet in DUST!? I never.
Crown King is awesome, and I love that you went to the saloon. Good for you going beyong your prissy cook comfort zone.

11:22 AM  
Blogger PrissyCook said...

Melati- Let me just say that croquet wasn't a gentleman's game this weekend. Up hill, in the dust and the campfire was considered in-bounds...

2:07 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Camping croquet. LOVE IT.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your little camping adventure has inspired me to get outdoors too! ben and i are driving down to picacho on saturday morning for a hike! i'm super excited :D

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home