Saturday, October 14

More evidence that blogging causes weight gain...I'm washing this down with a diet Coke

You'll recall that I proposed a theory earlier that blogging causes weight gain (see archives). I have more evidence of that and it hit me while I was eating a piece of toasted banana nut bread with butter and a diet Coke.

One of the down-sides to not having any family in town is that I am constantly trying to pawn my weekend baking adventures off on my colleagues. If you combine this with the fact that I work with Super Wife, who also bakes, it's a disaster.

In any given week, there can be cupcakes, zucchini biscuits, cookies and muffins all rotating between our office. And because we're sabotaging girls, we like to hang out while the other one eats our treats and exclaims how yummy everything is. That way be both know that the other one is consuming the same amount of calories as the other one.

So back to that banana nut bread with a diet Coke. Super Wife found a new recipe that called for sour cream, instead of milk or butter milk in more traditional breads I've made. Maybe we can get her to post the recipe, but that would require more than a monthly posting (burn, yo!)

4 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Well, you know. At least it is diet coke!

3:38 PM  
Blogger PrissyCook said...

I heard that diet Coke is a natural butter eater...ok, I made that up, but it keeps me going.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.amazon.com/Penguin-Cakes-Yourself-3-59-ThePartyWorks-com/dp/B000DT82GM/sr=1-20/qid=1161053461/ref=sr_1_20/002-7274023-2261607?ie=UTF8&s=gourmet-food

7:58 PM  
Blogger Dena Marie said...

I love Banana nut bread!!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home