Sunday, November 12

What? Everyone's doing it. Get off my back.

I'm really surprised that AT didn't get whiplash tonight when we were watching Desperate Housewives.  You see I had her over for dinner and to help me determine the best places to put my Christmas trees.*  She gave me a hard time earlier when I said I was putting up some decorations.  When the scene in Desperate Housewives cut to Bree putting her holiday cards together, it was too funny. 

Here I was, in the kitchen with my coordinating apron cooking home made mac and cheese, pumpkin bread and preparing to bake apples

More on that later, I want to give some quick fly-bys of some of the food that passed my way this weekend:

  1. RoadRunner Park Farmer's Market- There's a very informational web site you Phoenix-Phoodies (oh, that's so funny, get it, PHoenix-PHoodie, omg) should bookmark, it's the Arizona Community of Farmer's Markets.  With the cooler weather comes more variety from local farms.  I got the best stone ground bread, a juicy tomato and some really sour green apples.
  2. Matt's Big Breakfast- I read about MBB a few months ago and have been waiting to check it out.  It was good  to a good business on a corner that could really use some TLC.  It was a little busy and the place only holds about 30 people, so just go when you have some time and aren't in a rush.
  3. PB Loco- again. I'm obsessed, really, but it's just so good.  I get the Nutella-Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.  What about that doesn't sound good.

*Did you catch that? Tree(s).  Here's the deal, I love to decorate for the Holidays and in the desert, there's no hedges.  Which means there is no place to put Christmas lights. I have to do something with all those lights, right? 

4 Comments:

Blogger Dena Marie said...

I am going to have to figure out a place for my tree this year. We got an extra couch, so last year's setup is out. I have no idea what we will do. Decorating for Christmas is one of my favorites. I am counting down til after Thanksgiving to do that. Another reason (See Superwife's blog for other reasons) that I am so excited to get rid of roommates next year. More space!!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was all amped to go check out the PB Loco until I found out that's located inside the Scottsdale Fashion Mall.

Hmmm...maybe in 2007 sometime. Going to that mall between now & Xmas is probably suicide.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how dare you compare me to that evil succubus! ewwwwwww

hahahahaa

11:06 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I dream of having "trees!" Good for you. Such fun! This month's Martha Stewart Living has tons of great color scheme ideas for trees.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home