Monday, October 30

Monday Meals...They're fast and easy

Come Monday, I'm always tired from the weekend and I'm actually excited to have at least one night a week where I know I can be at home.  The other thing that I love doing on Monday nights is trying one of the Gourmet Everyday recipes from Gourmet.  I've got a few staples that make the rotation quite often.

Spinach-Pesto Stuffed Salmon

I don't know when I came across this little gem, but it has a lot of flavor and it literally takes 15 minutes beginning to end. This is when I wish I was a food photographer. 

To throw this recipe together I picked up a mild salmon filet from Alaska Family Salmon.  I took 5 oz (1/2 a small package) of thawed spinach, mixed in about 1 T of pesto (tonight I used a tomato pesto) and mixed in a few pine nuts.  Season with salt, pepper and a little garlic and toss in the oven.  About 10 minutes later I serve it with green beans.

Aztec Roast Beef

This one is a crock pot recipe, but the prep time is almost nothing and the result at the end of the day is so good.  What I like about this recipe is that the levels of flavors is really rich.

To prepare this round roast, I use onions, garlic, red potatoes, 1 c strong coffee, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 T orange zest, 3 c beef broth, salt, pepper and garlic to taste.  Put in the crock pot on low for 8 hours for a 3 lb roast.

Let me know if any of these work out for you.

PC

1 Comments:

Blogger melati said...

Come to my birthday party on Saturday, okay?

Email me and I'll tell you where.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home